This is one of those ridiculously easy apple chicken dinner recipes to cook at any time of the year. Since apples are in season and I insanely keep bringing home pounds and pounds of apples decided to share this effortless and healthy apple chicken thighs dinner.
Honestly, this is such a simple recipe that not much I can write in this post. I even debated whether I should post it. But my love for simple, easy chicken dinner convinced me to share it. There are a couple of notes to mention though.
As always the quality of your ingredients affects the end result. Go with at least cage-free chicken. Better to use either locally grown from a reputable farm or organic apples. They are among a dirty dozen, so they do contain a lot of chemicals. And wine… I said it once will say it many more times. Never cook with the wine you won’t drink. The more flavorful your wine is, the richer aroma of your apple chicken dinner will be.
If you have a large cast iron pan, this is a good time to give it some job. No other pan makes a better golden brown crispy skin then cast iron. If you don’t own one buy it. It is cheap, versatile and must have if you like perfect sear on any meat. Lodge 10.25 inch cast iron is my choice, and I highly .ecommend it. The stainless steel pan works just fine too.
Other than that this is definitely a recipe to try.
In a way, this is my fall comfort food. I have a strong love for the combination of chicken and apples. Add wine and thyme to it, and you have fancier comfort chicken dinner. After all fall cooking is about simplicity and comfort. This recipe combines both!
Happy Cooking 😉
Apple Chicken Thighs Tips and Tricks:
- For even faster-cooking substitute bone-in, skin on chicken thighs for boneless, skinless. Reduce cooking time accordingly.
- Do not use extra virgin olive oil. It is not suitable for frying. Regular or blend works great.
- Choose firmer apple variety, like golden delicious, gala, Honeycrisp, Fuji, etc. Take some tips from this comparing apple to apple guide.
- I never peel apples for this recipe. Skin helps retain their shape. If for some reason you don’t like apple skin, peel it but add apples at last step with chicken.
- Other fresh herbs to use are rosemary and sage.
- Serve this fall apple chicken dinner with rice, quinoa or your favorite grains.
If you make this recipe, please share your picture with me by tagging it #thepuretaste on Instagram. Or share your results in the comment section down below. It means a whole world to me knowing someone is making my recipes.
Thank you for sharing and support
Sign Up for e-mail updates & Receive FREE E-BOOK
Join our mailing list to receive all the latest updates and a Top 5 Traditional Ukrainian Cookie Recipe E-BOOK FOR FREE