This Weekend Planner is different and includes tons of ideas for your future things to do on the weekends. Since we have a late spring this year, I decided to put together a short list of inspiring things to do in spring. I hope you will find some inspiration in the list to unwind and reenergize after a long winter.
Feel free to download a FREE PDF guide at the bottom of the post for your convenience.
Almost all things from this list includes a connection with nature. Spring is the time when not only nature renews itself but also a good time to renew yourself.
Slow things down and embrace every moment of this short season. Leave everything behind, clear up your mind and let the fresh air fill your head, lungs, and body.
The one thing I always do in spring is visiting local botanical garden or arboretum. It is a beautiful and breathtaking moment to watch trees and flowers wake up. I feel inspired and renewed after visiting it.
Please, feel free to share your most inspiring thing to do in spring. I would love to include and try some new ideas for the spring weekends.
Outdoor things to do in spring:
- Bicycle ride(s).There are plenty of beautiful bike trails in every state. Do some research and find a bike trail that involves nature, not sightseeing.
- Visit a local garden museum, botanical garden, arboretum or park to watch flowers and trees bloom. The Most Beautiful Spot in Every U.S. State
- Take a long sunrise walk. Deep inhale the crystal clear air.
- Take a long sunset walk. Days are longer now, you can enjoy the beautiful warm evening walk.
- If you have a favorite spot for sunrise or sunset, then grab a tea or coffee, blanket and watch the sun waking up or going to sleep.
- Have lots of picnics in local parks to absorb all the fresh blooming air. Grab playing cards, coloring book, magazines, book or any other few of your favorite things.
- Have a grill day whether it is in your backyard or at local BBQ area. Marinate your favorite food, grill, eat and enjoy the fresh air.
- Have a waterfront picnic. By the ocean, lake, pond, river, waterfall… The smell and sound of the fresh spring water clear up your mind and fills it with the crystal clear air and thoughts. If allowed wet your legs in the chilly water.
- Go on a long hike. Feel the forest waking up.
- Have a paddleboat or kayak fun. Super scared of kayaks so for me paddle boat it is.
- Try some outdoor yoga if you are in this kind of things. Super deep connection with nature. All the breathing, slow movements make you become one with nature.
- Visit your favorite small town and spend there the whole day doing local shopping, activities, eating, etc. And I mean small, cozy one that has its charm.
- Find a new city or neighborhood and check them out. Do some Google research and try to find a new place you’ve never been before. I discovered many beautiful streets and areas by doing this every spring and fall.
- Have dinner or coffee at a restaurant with outdoor seating.
- Have a walk on a rainy day. Put on rain boots, grab an umbrella (necessary), go to your local park and listen raindrops falling on your umbrella.
- Check out your local Flea Market and Thrift shops. I ALWAYS do this during spring. People are doing spring cleaning and getting rid of some beautiful things. If you are an antique hunter then definitely consider this. Spring is the best time for treasure hunting.
Indoor things to do in spring:
- Have a themed movie marathon. Not TV series, because they are addictive and can suck out a couple of days from you. Choose your theme: romantic, inspiring or based on a true story. Maybe you are in gangster mood or wake up that detective in you. I would recommend staying away from horror movies though. Leave it for fall.
- Visit a local art gallery. Usually, they have some spring features. Check your local museum and see what they offer.
- Declutter all your spaces… to fill them later with new finds from a flea market 😉. I mean get rid of the stuff that no longer serves and brings you joy. Never fear to say good buys to old things.
- Have a spa day. More on this in Ladies Weekend Edition.
- Open a bottle of wine and make a romantic dinner with your partner, or for yourself, friends and family. I would go with the homemade pasta or a savory pie. Something involving dough, because it is romantic, calming and soothing.
That is it. My 21 romantic and inspiring things to in spring 2018.
You don’t need to do all of them. No matter how well we plan our weekend, we never finish the list. It is far more important to enjoy the spring. Give yourself permission to slow things down and renew yourself before the busy summer days come. Feel the breath and rhythm of nature and sync with it.
Have the most beautiful, romantic and inspiring spring, my friends.
Lots of love,
FREE 21 romantic and inspiring things to in spring PDF GUIDE
PS: I was debating whether I should include my favorite spots in Massachusetts for this list. Let me know if you are interested in spring things to do in Massachusetts, and I will create a whole new post.
Sign Up for e-mail updates & Receive FREE E-BOOK
Join our mailing list to receive all the latest updates and a Top 5 Traditional Ukrainian Cookie Recipe E-BOOK FOR FREE