Weekend planner things to do and thoughts to share is a post where I share my weekly highlights. I hope you will find here some inspiration and new ideas how to spend your weekend, day-off or a date night. I also share some useful information to make our lives better, healthier and filled with fun and happiness. And always feel free to share your ideas in the comment section. Let’s make our weekends more fun, relaxed and inspirational.
Friday is here which means time to share weekend highlights. This weekend planner is about slowing things down and allowing yourself to rest and let go of things.
By the end of my work week, I was exhausted… My husband and I had quite a rough week. We both worked long hours, received a couple of bad news which kept my mind spinning around during the night. So by the end of a week, we were baked.
Do you know the feeling when you are laying on the sofa and don’t want to move a single muscle? When you know, you have more things to do but cannot get your butt off the couch? Then your non-stopping pushing voice kicks in and says you have to do at least something. You agree with that and thought all right I will do at least this and that and then will have some rest. BUT nooo, your body still doesn’t want to move at all. So you are laying there and protesting! Protesting either against your body, or your mind or in my case both. Meanwhile the time is flying by, and in the end, you did nothing, and feel even worse!
I think we all have been there.
The best thing you can do during such days is LET IT GO. Many years ago I read the book about health and one advice stuck with me:
Always listen to your body. It is the best doctor who always knows what’s best for you.
If your body is protesting, that means something. Listen to it. If you feel exhausted and want to do nothing, then this is a signal of low energy. You need to take time for yourself. Do nothing, let it go and don’t be too harsh on yourself for stopping to catch a breath!
I can go on and on about this subject, but it boils down to ONE thing.
Your body always knows what is better for you. Start listening to it and act accordingly.
A quick example. On the last day before the day off, I was tired and thought classy whiskey on rocks will do its thing and will unwind me. Way wrong. I tried to drink it, but I wasn’t enjoying it. Moreover, I was displeased by it. The body was so tired that it refuses to drink whiskey because it sucks out even more energy. The body knows better what is right for you than your mind. So always stick to the body advice first.
Anyway, I knew the best thing for us would lay flat and do nothing. But not at home. We needed a fresh air to unwind and let go of things. We dressed, took a blanket and went for a picnic to Arnold Arboretum.
It was the best decision. Now is the time for lilac blooming and Arnold Arboretum has a huge collection of lilacs. I adore lilac’s aroma. It is calming and soothing. So we hid on an uphill among this beauty. We talked, we laughed, we ate, we laid still. And we watched, felt and smelled the breath of arboretum.
Such simple day brought back so much energy, it centered us, renewed and inspired.
It reminded me how important it is from time to time to stop and catch a breath.
Next day was even more crucial in filling our tanks with energy. We went to Blue Hills Reservation to grill some delicious food. It was a beautiful day. The sun was playing on a pond, the air was not too hot and not too chilly. My husband was in charge of food, so I just sat back and enjoyed the moment.
The weekend was finished with a nice bottle of red wine and a Cinderella Man movie. I like to choose a movie based on our current mood. I felt like we were knocked down and this movie reminded how vital not to give up.
After two days of rest and doing almost nothing we were ready for the new week. The new ideas, inspiration, and hopes gave us enough energy to move forward. I’m so glad we were honest and did what our bodies wanted.
Give yourself time and permission to unwind and reenergize this weekend. Two days of rest can set up your mind and soul for a better and more productive week.
And as always below are more detailed offerings on places to go and things to do over the weekend.
Weekend Planner Things To Do:
1. Watch and breathe blooming lilacs in your local park or Arnold Arboretum.
2. Go for a picnic. Lay on a grass, do nothing, but bathe yourself with nature.
3. Which brings me to article to read: The Science—and Magic—of Forest Bathing.
4. Places to visit: Greek International Food Market. Sparkling clean place, very friendly staff, reasonable prices. They make enormous and delicious grilled chicken shawarma that I enjoyed on a picnic. And very yummy chicken and feta pie. Highly recommend this place. On the other hand, went to Espresso Yourself in Jamaica Plain and didn’t like it at all. Overpriced, coffee was cold. I chose the dark roast, and it was not even close to it. Halva they serve ain’t good at all. And for the prices they charge, the restroom looks bad. I do not recommend this place.
5. Grill some delicious food on fresh air. We like to grill in parks with the pond or lake view. Two of my favorite places: Blue Hills Reservation and Cochituate State Park. Please, don’t be a piggy and clean after yourself!
6. Food to cook: Traditional Ukrainian Piroshki Recipe – Egg and Rice Hand Pies. I desperately needed some comfort food, and to me, piroshki is my childhood throwback. That helped and soothed my soul.
7. Dessert to savor: Halva (sesame seed Mediterranean treat). Hate it when I was a kid but for some reason like it now 😉
8. Movie to watch: Cinderella Man with Russell Crowe. Based on a true story. An amazing and inspiring movie about heavyweight boxing champion James J. Braddock.
That is it for now.
There always be more things to do. But the most important thing is living your life. I know it sounds cheesy, but that is a simple truth that we all fight with all the time.
Have fun and let nature fill your body and mind with positive energy and vibes!
Lots of Love,
Sign Up for e-mail updates & Receive FREE E-BOOK
Join our mailing list to receive all the latest updates and a Top 5 Traditional Ukrainian Cookie Recipe E-BOOK FOR FREE